For most people, the bathroom is a small, cluttered room off the bedroom where they rushed to shower, brush and fix before going off to work. However, it could also become a place of retreat after a long, tedious day at work, a haven to calm the nerves and soothe the soul. This can be done, and within any budget.
After the kitchen, the second most popular remodelling project is a bathroom renovation. However, the cost could be sometimes prohibitive-with an average cost running over $10,000. Here are some helpful tips on renovating your bathroom that fits to your budget.
1. Establish a plan and a specific budget. Review your funds thoroughly and determine how much you can spend for your bathroom renovation. You can do some window-shopping for bathroom accessories and compare the prices.
2. If you are on a strict budget, the key is take one-step at a time. If you have the money to spend on a bathtub renovation, once this is done, you could go on and do another area of the bathroom. Each time you finish a project, wait until you have the money to start on the next thing. This will minimize the headaches involved in a renovation.
3. Try to shop for items around a time when there might be sales or discounts available. For instance, you might find some stores offering discounts on items during off-season, Spültischarmatur like summer or throughout the holidays.
4. You can decide whether to do the renovation yourself. You can replace worn faucet, toilet paper and towel bars, medicine cabinets, mirrors and light fixtures by yourself. You can also add down lights for a more flattering look and putting them on dimmers. You can also replace the bathroom door with one that has a full-length mirror along with new handles and knobs. A fresh coat of paint livens up the appearance of your bathroom enormously. However, before you decide on doing it yourself, consider your experience and the price difference. Most often than not, if you do not have any experience on this activity, you will end up spending more than in hiring a professional to do it due to the amount of mistakes you make. Weigh your options and make a wise decision.
6. Try a low-cost accessorizing. The secret here is to make use what you already have. Play with colors. If you have a blue tub, sink and toilet, make it your color scheme. By matching dominant colors, you will be able to create a uniformed and calm look in the bathroom.
7. If your tub is still in a relatively good condition, do not replace it but reglaze it instead. You can save more than half the cost of a new tub and at the same time, minimizes dusts.
8. Instead of using ceramic tile, you can use cultured marble sheets. They are a good choice for tub surrounds. Marble sheets are easier to clean and save you on labor costs. Using fibreglass on the surroundings is less costly than using tiles.
9. Establish what is truly needed in the bathroom before you start your renovation. You might find adding fixtures and accessories that you do not necessarily need, affecting your renovation budget.
If you have plans on renovating your bathroom in the next few weeks or months, these tips can serve as your guideline to save money. You may consider all, some of them or maybe even just an idea. Whatever you choose, the main thing is you will be able to improve the appearance of your bathroom on your budget.